Friday, March 25, 2011

From MaryLand to EngLand

   Last week Eric’s training’s took him to Hanover, Maryland.  I decided to tag along since it wasn’t too far and there was a huge mall there…haha.  We got into town on Sunday night and ate some whole crab for dinner.  They were very messy and tasted great.  Everyday while Eric went off to train, I shopped, caught up on some reading, and found a Jimmy Johns!  P.S.  I love JJ’s and haven’t eaten at one since before I moved out here to VA.  There are none within a 30 mile radius, so sad :( .  
   On Tuesday night we took a short trip into Baltimore, MD.  We ate within the Inner Harbor at an Irish Pub.  The food was ok, and the harbor is not as exciting as I thought it would be… a little dirty in fact.  Oh well, because after dinner I was trying to figure out if anything famous was in Baltimore and then of course my Food Network expertise kicked into gear and I remembered that “Ace of Cakes” was filmed there at there cake shop called “Charm City Cakes”.  So we ventured out to find the shop!  When we finally found it, in the worst part of Baltimore I tell you, we got out of the car took the picture and then it started to rain/hail!  But, being a food network junkie I was very excited to get this picture! 

   Wednesday morning I headed back to Manassas.  Eric came home on friday,   My parents were headed to town on Saturday, so I had to clean and get ready for them.  They got in on Saturday at noon, we did lunch, and hung out in the afternoon.  This was all before Eric had to leave for England that night.  Lame!  Mom, Dad, and myself headed up to New Jersey to see Pastor Dave (who married us) and Ann.  It was so nice to see his new church, very traditional.  I think that has a lot to do with being the oldest Presbyterian Church in the country...maybe?

   After church we went back to their house and had a wonderful lunch prepared by Ann.  Pastor Dave is a big history buff and living in Morristown, NJ there are endless opportunities of having a history lesson.  So, we got a guided tour of the town by Dave with some historic landmarks pointed out on the way.  It was so great seeing them.
  Durning the week with my parents we went to Thomas Jefferson's house, very nice.  Tasted and bought many wines at a winery.  Of course, mom and I had to shop, and since we live so close, we spent a day in DC.  In DC we visited some more Smithsonian's.  Also, we walked to Georgetown, which is a long walk just to get some cupcakes from "Georgetown Cupcakes".  Im sure if you watch TLC you have heard of "DC Cupcakes".  So we had to go to see how good they were.  I had a peanut butter chocolate one, it wasn't too bad, not worth waiting in line for over an hour.  We were lucky because we only waited 15 minutes.  They said on the weekends the line gets crazy long! 
  Well that's about all for now....

2 comments:

  1. i love your food network & tlc references because i love those shows too!

    ReplyDelete