Thursday, March 10, 2011

San Diego

     Leslie flew in on Friday the 4th to spend a long weekend with Eric and myself.  On Saturday we took her to D.C.  From the Metro to the Holocaust Museum, which was by far extraordinary, it was a very long, informational, and sad walk through the museum.  Being a history major I knew a lot about the Holocaust, but I learned so much more.  After spending 3 hours there we decided to eat some street cart hotdogs, and pretzels.



     After our nutritional lunch, we walked from the Washington Monument, to the White House, up the street to the Lincoln Memorial, and last but not least Arlington Cemetery.  Wow did my legs hurt!  I don't know how far we walked but we were all ready for our Metro ride to the Pentagon.  For those of you who haven't been to the 9/11 memorial it is so worth seeing.  It is right outside from where the plane hit the building.  You can actually see where they had to rebuild the south side of the Pentagon.  Each person in the plane and in the building who died is remembered in a "wing like fountain".  They go in age order from youngest to oldest.  The wings facing the building are for the people in the plane and the wings facing away from the Pentagon are for the people who were in the building that died.  I would show a picture, but you cannot take pictures at the Pentagon.  It is a really neat and peaceful place to remember those whose lives were lost that day.
     On Sunday, Eric then of course had to leave for San Diego for some training.  Sounds so terrible, 75 degree weather, unlike the crazy rain storms we have been getting out this way.  So since he went out there, Les and I went shopping!  I took her to Fair Oaks Mall, which is about as big as Woodfield.  We spent the day having fun trying on clothes, looking at crazy gadgets, and attempting to get my computer fixed.  Unfortunately, on Tuesday Les had to go back home, so we didn't get much more in.  We loved seeing her and want her to come back soon!
     Eric will be home Saturday morning, I don't think he is looking forward to coming back to the cold weather on the east coast.  I hope he misses me enough to come home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment